Business Development Consultant for Revenue Cycle Services
Access Healthcare is the nation’s fastest growing revenue cycle management company. Operations are from 12 delivery centers in the US, India and the Philippines, and the 7,500+ staff is committed to bringing revenue cycle excellence to our customers by leveraging technology, emerging best practices, and global delivery. Based in Dallas, we support over 125,000 physicians, serve 80+ specialties, process over $ 50 billion of A/R annually, and code over 10 Million charts annually.
This position reports into the Chief Commercial Officer. The Business Development Consultant role is responsible for support to the sales team in order to identify opportunities for providers and to leverage Access Healthcare’s best in class services. This role is a key member of our client acquisition and solutioning teams providing support for our most important strategic initiatives.
The Business Development Consultant needs to be experienced with the entire scope and dependencies of healthcare operations in the revenue cycle including technical core competencies, quality improvement initiatives, offshore operations management and strong sales abilities. Additionally, this individual will need to understand the rigors of the revenue cycle industry; the competitive landscape and operate with a strong customer orientation. He/she will have a strong and established leadership style and will need to possess superb communication skills, a people-oriented, collegial style and integrate easily into a complex environment.
The Business Development Consultant must be immediately recognizable as a leader, possessing outstanding communication, listening and interpersonal skills, able to quickly establish credibility and rapport with a broad set of senior executives. One must be execution-oriented, a quick-study, and able to thrive within a fast paced environment.
This position will require domestic travel as needed.
The Business Development Consultant will have a broad set of objectives and responsibilities including the following:
- Primary responsibility is to support the business development team as a revenue cycle management subject matter expert during the sales cycle.
- Provides subject matter expertise in areas including project scope definition, risk identification, project methodology, resource allocation, facilitation, budget management, and other areas of expertise based on established project management techniques.
- Development of recommendations and action plans for client improvement promoting Access Healthcare’s service offerings.
- Ensure successful delivery of results to internal stakeholders from customer analysis and/or RFP’s.
- Works collaboratively with cross-functional US and off-shore teams to solution opportunities.
- Assisting on calls, meetings and events, working with executives and operational leaders to ensure they meet their strategic goals and the value Access Healthcare brings to the marketplace.
- Remain abreast of all developments in the RCM space, especially as they apply to billing, collections, coding, healthcare reimbursement, and clinical database developments/changes.
- Strengthen and grow personal knowledge of Access Healthcare’s capabilities in US, India and the Philippines to meet market demand.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & LICENSURE:
- Minimum requirement of Bachelor's degree in related discipline or equivalent experience required.
- Must have a minimum 10 years’ experience in a leadership role involving RCM practices and processes preferably in a hospital, vendor organization or large group practice setting.
- Proven track record of driving strategic initiatives, leading teams and achieving high performance results.
- Must have a strong history/experience working with offshore teams in a senior role.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Excellent client relationship and process management skills.
- Ability to work productively in fast-paced environment and high pressurized work environment.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities/abilities.
- Ability to lead and thrive in a cross geography cultural environment.
- Strategic Thinking: Developing insight, hypothesis, and conclusions based on consideration of a broad range of factors, including Access Healthcare, the customer, the market, competition, etc. Ability to translate the conclusions into recommendations or decisions that have strategic implications.
- Executive Communication: Creating content and messages that are clear, compelling and relevant to customer executives. Communicating in an engaging manner through dialogue, presentations and written documents. Includes the ability to write effective emails, conduct productive meetings and maintain mutual dialogue with customer executives.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, ability to communicate verbally with all levels of associates, management, executive leadership to both internal and to external customers.
- Temperament and ability to work without supervision and to exercise independent judgment in problem-solving and determining action(s).
- Proficient at organizing multiple tasks/projects and maintaining control of own and others' workflow output.
- Ability to adhere to corporate, regional, hospital/physician practice (customer) and departmental policies and procedures.
- Excellent organizational skills for initiation and maintenance of efficient work flows.
- Ability to expand growth and enhance support of business development for all Access Healthcare’s lines of business.