Charge Entry and Charge Audit Services from Access Healthcare
Failure to effectively document care information can often lead to revenue leakage – amounting of millions of dollars of lost revenue.Effective charge capture process can improve the financial health of healthcare organizations by eliminating revenue leakage, reducing denials, and thereby improving patient satisfaction. Furthermore, effective collaboration between coding and charge entry teams leads to a sustainable improvement in the overall process.
Our charge entry experts process high volume of transactions with exceptional accuracy. Access Healthcare’s client portal enables smooth communication between the client and our charge entry teams for a seamless and effective management of the process.
Charge Capture / Charge Entry
Our charge entry transactions remain consistent throughout:
- Receive documents in the form of superbills, charge tickets, source document etc. through FTP or document management system or client’s system
- Capture the date of service, billing provider, referring provider, POS, admission date, CPT / procedure codes, ICD-10, number of units and modifiers
- Receive real-time reports and collaborate with our offshore services delivery team using our client portal - arc.flow
- Import charges directly from the EMR. These charges are reviewed for accuracy before being sent for billing.
Charge Audit services are performed to identify missed charges, instances of over-billing, and coding errors that prevents revenue loss. At Access Healthcare, we take an analytical approach to:
- Validate written orders for level of care, and all treatments rendered
- Necessary modifiers are appended, and exact number of units are billed
- Comparing charges by patient’s accounts
- Verifying charges against updated fee schedule
- Identifying undercharges, duplicate posting, and overcharges
- Verifying the charges with various department billers and coders
Charge Audits help reveal causes for variances including problems with charge entry, provider absences, failure of providers to report timely charges, a change in medical coding patterns, services not billed for, and other reasons for claim denials. Ideally, charges should be consistent from month-to-month; barring changes in physician productivity due to unavailability.
Access Healthcare’s Value Proposition for Charge Entry and Charge Audit services
- Improve productivity and accuracy, while providing you a competent workforce capable on working across medical speciaties
- Timely filing of claims and benchmarking of fee schedules as well as denial patterns
- Review of charge entry processes to arrest revenue leakage
- Ensure accurate billing and timely reimbursements
- Optimize revenue and identify missed revenue using Charge Audit
- Identify and fix compliance issues for charge overages
- Recover lost charges and avoid delay in processing accounts receivable
- Real-time collaboration with coding team to ensure smooth hand-offs
- Real-time reporting, accounts receivable analysis, and ability to identify missing information
Contact us to learn more about Access Healthcare's Charge Entry and Charge Audit Services
Global collaboration is key
Outsourcing a part of your business in any way, especially offshore, can be a very scary decision. Access Healthcare’s best practices engine and arc.in platform give you peace of mind and complete transparency into the process.