Client Partner - Coding Denial Management
If you want to do more with your healthcare career and deepen your knowledge of healthcare revenue cycle management, you have to look at your healthcare business processes from the customer’s lens. Get smarter about the business of healthcare, join a company that values your work and enables you to become a true partner to your clients by investing in your growth besides empowering you to work directly on KPIs that matter to your clients.
Start your career as a Client Partner for Coding Denial Management Services with Access Healthcare. We are always interested in talking to inspired, talented, and motivated people. Many opportunities are available to join our vibrant culture. Review and apply online below.
Job Location: Chennai, India.
- Evaluate and interpret the cause of denied claims in the form of reason codes and initiate timely refiling with accurate code sets in line with payer-specific coding guidelines, in order to ensure optimal reimbursement
- Review the medical documentation available for various specialties on the revenue cycle system and determine the most appropriate CPT-4/ICD 10 CM /Modifiers and make necessary code corrections based on the denial reason prior to refiling
- Perform an in-depth review of the denied claims for different fields such as patient’s age, gender, Date of service, Place of Service, medical specialty etc. that have bearing on the selection of appropriate codes while refiling
- Research, recommend, and appeal claims with sub-optimal reimbursement by providing explanation in the format required by the respective payers, along with supporting medical records as necessary, especially on cases of medical necessity denials
- Analyze historical coding denial trends categorized by reasons and initiate proactive action plans to prevent the same in the future
- Maintains high degree of professional and ethical standards
- Focuses on continuous improvement by working on projects that enables customers to arrest revenue leakage while being in compliance with the standards
- Focuses on updating coding skills, knowledge, and accuracy by participating in coding team meetings and educational conferences
To be considered for this position, applicants need to meet the following qualification criteria:
- Graduates in life sciences with 1-2 years experience in Medical Coding and Denial Management
- Experience in specialties such as Cardiology, Radiology, Pathology, Anesthesia, Emergency Room, Surgery, Evaluation & Management (E/M) and others
- Exposure to CPT-4, ICD-9, ICD-10, and HCPCS coding
- CPC/COC certification from AAPC would be a plus
- Freshers with good knowledge in medical terminology, Human Anatomy and Physiology can apply
- Current coding certification with valid proof of certifications
- Good knowledge of medical coding and billing systems, regulatory requirements, auditing concepts, and principles
- We are also hiring fresh life sciences graduates as Assistant Client Partners